Old 20-11-2004, 04:37 PM
JennyC

"HH" wrote in message
news:JaKnd.122268$R05.87689@attbi_s53...
This question has probably been asked before, but I'm new to the newsgroup.
Is there a computer program in which one can set up a garden layout in the
program and identify plants by location? That is, I want a birds-eye view of
the garden, with each plant shown by an ID of some sort in its proper place.
The ID symbols would be listed elsewhere and the plant identified. I have
drawings of the garden, with the various plants identified in the beds, but
when I add new plants and transplant others, the drawings become hopelessly
muddled. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Harlan

Hi
I think most people here will answer that pen and paper is the best
method.........

However if you make a plan of the garden on heavy duty paper, then lay
transparent paper over that and put in numbers for each plant in pencil, you can
then:

1) Keep derails of the plant in a spreadsheet
2) Rub out and re-write the numbers as you add or move things
3) You can also draw up totally new planting schemes without messing up the
original plan of the garden.

HTH Jenny