Old 20-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Frogleg

On 15 Nov 2004 08:23:37 -0800, (dakota) wrote:

I cleared out my garden patch (20' x 50') over the weekend, all the
way down to the dirt. I won't be using this area for gardening next
year, so I want to plant grass seed there. Basically, my question is,
should I seed now? Or wait until Spring? I'm in SW Ohio, zone 6a.

According to extension agents here (zone 7b or 8), October 15th is the
'drop dead' date for planting lawn grass and expecting successful
germination. I don't know about germination of late grass 'cover
crops', but you might google on that term if you want to plant now.
Otherwise, I would wait 'til early spring.