Old 20-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:07:55 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

A friend of mine gave me a couple of Kaffir Limes in order for me to attempt
to grow a tree from seed. I did an internet search on Kaffir Lime Seed
Propogation and I didn't learn a heck of a lot of information. I'm in Zone
10 (I believe) in the Tampa Bay area so they should do okay, that way. But
what is the best way to start these? Do I soak the seeds? If so, for how
long?

Anyone have experience with these?

Is friend a poster in alt.binaries.food? :-) He sent me a couple,
too. It was mighty hard to get them started in my frigid house last
winter, but once I got them warm (baggie with planter mix on a m'wave
plate on top of the cable box), many sprouted. They came along nicely
after it got warm outside, but apparently drowned in hurricane
downpour in late summer. I'm afraid to tell him about this. Yes, just
shuck them out and plant. No soaking required. Good luck.