Old 21-11-2004, 02:12 AM
J Fortuna

Sue,

Ha! Someone should have informed my oldest Phal that that's the way it
should behave. Will you talk to it please, and persuade it to behave?

It has all these roots both above and below the potting medium, and it has
12 huge healthy leaves and it is very top-heavy. It got repotted recently,
after falling off the shelf one morning due to the top-heavy weight. The
repotting was a challenge, and the entire plant is staked now to keep it
from falling over, and even that is just a temporary solution, and I suspect
it will just continue to grow and fall over again. It very rarely looses any
leaf from the bottom, but very often grows new ones that are just huge.

Joanna

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
Don't worry. About the time you think it is top heavy you will
repot and find that all the roots are above ground and you have
to either mount the thing or put some roots back into the pot.
So it will grow up and it will grow new roots up the stem.
SuE