Old 21-11-2004, 03:34 AM
someone

kilikini wrote in message
.. .
A friend of mine gave me a couple of Kaffir Limes in order for me to

attempt
to grow a tree from seed. I did an internet search on Kaffir Lime

Seed
Propogation and I didn't learn a heck of a lot of information. I'm in

Zone
10 (I believe) in the Tampa Bay area so they should do okay, that way.

But
what is the best way to start these? Do I soak the seeds? If so, for

how
long?

Anyone have experience with these?

kili

Bought a kaffir lime in a market in London in 1979, and planted the
seeds. One came up. It's a very small tree, but still going strong,
the leaves are useful for cooking oriental food. However, it's never
flowered. It's in a small pot and lives indoors in the winter.

Slightly off-topic, brought home seeds of something called a "mandarin
lemon" from slices of fruit that came in a cocktail in Costa Rica.
Planted them and one came up, and was flowering within five years. The
fruits set, but are very small.

s.