Old 17-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Gareee©

Default Newts (or salamanders) in with the goldfish.. a problem for either?

I was just netting out some leaves from the pond today (no, I never got
around to netting the damned thing), and netted a small yellow with black
spotted salamander.

Salamanders and newts are quite common in western NC, but I was wondering if
the goldfish would be gobbling him up?

"Sal" might fit in the aquarium in the house, with our other fish...and I'm
sure, if there's one, there's more of them.

So we have a small catfish, about 7 small goldfish (that are growing daily),
frogs, and now salamanders in our pond. (The turtles around her will wade
through it, but leave after a time.)

Lotsa wild life out there!

We also got a bubbler, and dual air stones to keep a hole open when we get
the colder temps.

We're already getting frost on the ground overnight, and some light ice on
smaller water containers outside.

Any good advice when to stop feeding the fish? They are still gobbling up
food I put in for them.

Same question.. when should I remove the WH?

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage: