Old 21-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:52:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:44:33 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

snip

The
1847/8 winter was comparatively milder and shorter.

You can't possibly remember that one :-)

I was only checking whether you were paying proper attention to the
discourse.

{:-))

I wasn't. I was in West Yorkshire being impressed by the amount of
snow that fell on Thursday evening. I was almost as impressed by the
amount of rain that fell on Huddersfield on Wednesday evening and
during the day on Thursday.

It did not fall in Wensleydale itself, but the Pennines were
beautifully draped on Friday.
Yesterday there was almost none left

Franz