Old 21-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Charles

Andrew Puddifer wrote:
Well, Mr Idealist, perhaps you could give me some of your ideal
money
for my tanks then.

Why? Why should anyone need to get rebates for doing something that's
environmentally sensible? And since I am a low-paid retail drone I don't
really have enough money to buy a tank for myself, let alone give some to
someone else.

Perhaps it's better not to assume you know of one's situation
before
you comment.

Where on earth did I make an assumption about *anyone's* situation? Perhaps
it's better to try some English comprehension lessons before criticising
another's post?

Some people have to save money to purchase several thousand dollars
worth of tanks, and it's not a trivial amount.

No indeed, as I said above I can't afford to get one myself. There's no
rebate where I live so that doesn't come into it. But the lack of a rebate
won't stop me buying a tank (I don't need anyone to give me a handout to
encourage me)...I'll buy one when I can afford it regardless.

Why shouldn't people receive rebates? I bet you take any rebate you
can get....

Of course I would...if I am entitled why shouldn't I take it? (although as
I said...my council is so backwards -- or poor -- that it doesn't offer
rebates for tanks)

Oh...and where did I say people shouldn't get rebates? I was commenting on
some people bitching about not getting a big enough rebate and implying (to
my mind at least) that if there was no rebate they'd not be bothering to
conserve this wet watery stuff...something that I regard as a poor
reflection on them (and maybe society as a whole)

And others were whinging about not being allowed to wash their cars for
goodness sake! As though that's an essential of life.

I just don't think any sensible person should *need* a rebate to do
something environmentally responible. (Or to see that it's far better to
have a dirty car than to waste water when it's scarce)

Charles
--
If some days are diamonds & some days are stone --
Then some days I live in a quarry!!