Old 21-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Robo

Default Newspaper as grass suppressant

I've recently bought a new house, it has a pine tree in the front which
provides the site with dappled light during the day. You wouldn't call it a
lawn but grass is growing and over the last 6 weeks I have planted out tube
stock. What I want to do now is lay newspaper (to kill the weeds and grass)
and overlay a mulch (Greenlife Mulch & Compost to improve soil structure).

1. Am I dreaming thinking that newspaper will kill the grass?
2. If newspaper will suppress the weeds and grass, now many sheets of
newspaper should I use.

Any responses will be appreciated.

Rob