Old 21-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Charles

Andrew Puddifer wrote:

With all due respect,

(But precious little understanding or comprehension.)

So what if someone wants to wash their car with the rainwater they
save? Isn't it far better than using town water?

Of course it's better to use rainwater to wash your car...bathe in it for
all I care...geez drink it even...The poster I was commenting on was
bitching about bureaucrat not letting him/her use water to water the garden
or wash the car....that was *NOT* using rainwater but water board provided
treated costly water, as the bureaucrats can't stop you from using your
rainwater for whatever you want...well....maybe not for feeding a still to
make moonshine..but you get what I mean...no...actually *you* probably
don't...Oh god why did I start this post??

Did you know that in large cities you have to wash your car? The
pollution pretty quickly destroys them if you don't, and a lot of us
can't afford to swap cars every 3 years......most people I know don't
water their lawns either......

I don't believe this...not with modern metal finishing and paint
technology...cite please?

It's not a cash reward, it's a rebate. For some, that money may be the
difference between installing a tank and not. Have you considered that
some people don't have a spare $1500 for even a modest tank???

A modest poly tank costs far less than that even out here in western Qld.

Charles
--
If some days are diamonds & some days are stone --
Then some days I live in a quarry!!