Old 21-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Phisherman

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:24:13 -0000, "John..." wrote:

Can I do this? got a couple of spare 100Watt heaters
that I used in my indoor aquariums.
Its winter here in the UK and I'm a bit worried about my
pond fish.got 5 golden orfe's and 3 regular goldfish in it.
The pond is approx 40 gallons with a pump/filter setup,
and is above ground level.
Thanks.

John

The biggest concern is the pond freezing solid. I've also read that
breaking the surface ice abruptly could kill fish. I'm not sure if
your aquarium heaters can be set for 35 degrees. I'd think it would
be better to move the fish inside and drain the pond for the winter.