Old 21-11-2004, 01:04 PM
June Hughes

In message , Cerumen
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Cerumen
Your heap is not getting hot enough, a really well made heap will heat

up
enough to kill all spouting peel but that heat is not easy to get if

you
only add small amounts of material at a time.

Didn't there used to be some stuff called 'Garotta', which you mixed
with water and poured over the compost heap to assist rotting?

There did indeed but chicken, or other manure in straw added to the pile
works just as well, or of course the available to all for free golden
liquid that we normally just flush away.

Ah! We had a discussion here around 7 years ago about just that! It
was a very long thread, including a discussion about ladies standing up
to irrigate the compost heap. I can't remember whether or not anyone
said anything about the smell that may or may not result after a few
days.
--
June Hughes