Old 21-11-2004, 04:35 PM
len gardener

g'day rob,

use the newspaper mate it's our stock in trade for supressing grass
depending on the type of grass usually around 20 to 30 pages thick but
with nut grass you could need 40 to be sure, it will all break down
eventually mostly in around 6 months and with the compost you are
going to use you will have a good medium for underplantings. you could
just use tree chippings from a tree lopper or even mulch hay etc.,.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.