Old 21-11-2004, 06:18 PM
BAC

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:03:52 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

Sure, what proportion of the UK population do you think 'gives a shit'

about
fox hunting, and what are your sources for that. I think a fair

definition
of 'gives a shit' would be, attends anti-hunt protest, tries actively to
disrupt hunts, or even just wrote a letter to their MP.

Voted for a political party that indicated that it would ban fox
hunting?

Which political party would that have been? New Labour, for example, did not
indicate it would ban fox hunting, it said in its manifesto it would allow
parliament to decide. Hence a voter, if wishing to vote only for a candidate
likely to vote for a ban would have had to investigate the candidate's
personal (not party) opinions on the matter.

Personally, I doubt very much whether a significant number of people who
vote at general elections look beyond the party 'tag' when deciding who to
favour with their vote, so I'd imagine the majority were unaware of their
candidates' views on hunting with dogs. Strange that, seeing as how the
issue was seemingly of sufficient importance to justify the use of the
parliament act to force the measure through.