Old 21-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Kay

In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
In article ,
Prakash writes

I also have another shrub, and I cannot find this in the RHS book or the
site. There a picture at www.pgnet.plus.com/gardening/unknown_shrub1.jpg
.Could you please also tell me what this is - I'm clearing out an overgrown
garden and dont want to lose any shrubs etc simply because of my ignorance
of gardening.

I think this is a plant which one frequently sees in retail park
plantings. It's not one I'm familiar with, but I think it's a species of
privet (note the purplish berry in the bottom right corner).

Thanks for spotting that! Purple berry is OK for Lonicera pileata, and
it has become popular recently in municipal plantings.

Also ( I'm new to this news group), are the file sizes of the pictures ok,
or do I need to have them in a lower resolution so the files are smaller ?

There's not much point having a picture larger than people's monitors.

Is that a software thing? It was OK on my monitor, and didn't get too
large till I zoomed in to try to find your purple berry.
--
Kay