Old 21-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Prakash

Thanks everyone. I checked up cotonester and Lonicera pileata on rhs and
its a close match to the lonicera. So I guess it is going to come out of the
middle of the garden and move near the hedging on the boundary. Is it a good
time to take a cutting now and move indoors so I can relocate them in the
spring ?

re the conifer, it looks like the pictures of Chamaecyparis that I could
find. It sounds like a good thing to keep, so is it better to leave it where
it is ? i.e right in the middle of a clump of ash trees, or should I try to
dig it up and relocate to a spot with a bit more space ? And if it will
survive a relocation, whens the best time to move it ?

Cheers,
Prakash.

"Prakash" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a conifer like shrub in my garden - approx 5-6 feet in height. It

has
flat leaves, and the shrub looks a bit like a fan. Could someone tell me
which one this is ? There a picture available at
www.pgnet.plus.com/gardening/unknown_fir1.jpg . I've looked in the RHS
Encyclopedia of Gardening (its the only gardening book I've got !) and on
the rhs web site too. It seems to resemble something called 'nana aurea'
(http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselect...?plantid=42685).
Would this be correct ?

I also have another shrub, and I cannot find this in the RHS book or the
site. There a picture at www.pgnet.plus.com/gardening/unknown_shrub1.jpg
.Could you please also tell me what this is - I'm clearing out an

overgrown
garden and dont want to lose any shrubs etc simply because of my ignorance
of gardening.

Also ( I'm new to this news group), are the file sizes of the pictures ok,
or do I need to have them in a lower resolution so the files are smaller ?

Cheers,
Prakash.