Old 22-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Terry Collins

Andrew Puddifer wrote:

but the fact that I must have the tanks plumbed into my
house plumbing to get the rebate is making it difficult to justify...

If "they" were serious about saving water, they would be reducing demand
by encouraging composting and non-flush toilets, thus saving an average
of 40% on water usage for each household.

We are looking at "recycling" grey water before additional water tanks,
although the recycling will require another water tank (at least). The
"cost" of plumbing and the running cost in electricity is another major
discouragement. I doubt if my local council would be happy with the
installation of a windmill for water pumping on my suburban lot.