Old 22-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Amy Lou

"BCL" wrote

About 10 minutes after I finished plumbing (I use the word loosely)
the tank on the side of my house a thunderstorm erupted and the
heavens opened. My youngest son was fascinated by the water escaping
from the 1mm hole at the base of the first flush device and he
collected five bucket fulls from that source alone. One relatively
short rainstorm nearly half filled one 2500 litre tank merely a couple
of days after it was plonked in place.

We have a downpour like that once in a blue moon. I used to live near Sydney
so I remember what real rain was like. Wonderful stuff. Big drops. Thunder
and lightning. Down here where I live in Tassie the rain might last for days
and still it won't make much difference to the level in the water tank. Its
piddly stuff! Hobart has the second lowest annual average rainfal of any
capital city in Australia. Still, we manage.

Amy