Old 22-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Sacha

On 22/11/04 8:39, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:53:40 +0000, Andy
wrote:

Look. If you stop 'em hunting foxes they will go back to hunting
peasants like myself. I'm too old for it now. So let 'em hunt foxes
for fox sake.

Hunting royalty and aristocrats is becoming a popular pass time.

How right you a

The ban on foxhunting is about a class war and not animal welfare a member
of the Government admitted last night.
Peter Bradley an aide to Rural Affairs Minister Alun Michael, said his
fellow Labour MPs felt so strongly about hunting because it was a chance to
"take on the gentry".
This is seen as a startling admission which undermines efforts to portray
the ban as caring about foxes. And it came as Home Secretary, Blunkett,
indicated that the government won't be harsh about those who defy the ban in
the first few weeks after its introduction on 19 February.
This tactic is seen as a ploy by Ministers who wanted to see a ban delayed
until after the general election.
Mr Bradley said Labour MPs wanted to wipe out 'the old order': "We ought at
last to own up to it: the struggle over the Bill was not just about animal
welfare and personal freedom, it was class war. This was not about the
politics of envy but the politics of power. Ultimately, it's about who
governs Britain."
Tory environment spokesman James Gray said "It is typical of ~Tony Blair's
government to spend all its time fighting an old-fashioned class war when
all the rest of the country wants them to do is fight crime and tackle the
problems that really matter."
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)