Old 22-11-2004, 12:43 PM
andr0meda

Oooopps...."Keekooku" is the last thing a hard working business person
needs.....
Thanks for the warning though guys; I now know what I will be doing next
Saurday....LOL
Andr0

"Stuart Naylor" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:52:26 +1100, "Geodyne" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 02:35:40 +1000, len gardener
wrote:

use the newspaper mate it's our stock in trade for supressing grass
depending on the type of grass usually around 20 to 30 pages thick but
with nut grass you could need 40 to be sure, it will all break down
eventually mostly in around 6 months and with the compost you are
going to use you will have a good medium for underplantings. you could
just use tree chippings from a tree lopper or even mulch hay etc.,.

Agreed. Unless, as andromeda has probably found out, you have kikuyu.
That stuff appears to be able to grow through almost any conditions.

If andromeda has kikuyu? My lawns are all kikuyu which is quite a good
and hardy lawn albeit it is very invasive and virtually impossible to
get rid of.

To keep *my* kikuyu lawns out of the garden beds surrounding the lawn I
spray a 30cm border with weed killer around my lawns.

But then the kikuyu still pops up in my garden beds, coming in under the
fence from *my neighbours*. So I use an old spray detergent bottle
filled with weed killer to selectively spray the new grass shoots whilst
also having a bopeep at my previously mentioned 30cm lawn border.
--

Rusty