Old 22-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Franz Heymann

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote or quoted:
"Alan Gould" wrote in message news
In article , Tim Tyler

writes

Alan's sentence simply spelled out what "UVI" actually means.

Thanks Tim, that was the intention.
Unfortunately Franz missed (or mis-read) the point.

Nope. Decidedly not.
You said:
"ultraviolet inhibiting [UVI/EVA]"

That was an erroneous phrase, as I have tried to point out more

than
once now.

But the "UVI" in "UVI/EVA" *stands for* "ultraviolet inhibited".

You are arguing with the people who invented the terminology.

But the OP did not say what you think he said.
There is a difference between "ultraviolet inhibiting" and
"ultraviolet inhibited".

That was the one and only point I wanted to make.

If the OP had accepted immediately that he had made a mistake, this
boring repartee would have ceased long ago.

[snip]

Franz