Old 22-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Sacha

On 22/11/04 11:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

I am anti blood sports because IMO they are barbaric. It has nothing
to do with me fighting a class war. It's got little to do with class,
many none aristocrats also take part in blood sports.

I think it's unarguable that many people feel there are much more important
issues facing this country than fox hunting, though.
But that aside, while you may realise that a lot of non-aristocrats hunt,
there is absolutely no question that for many it IS a class issue and has
been portrayed as such. Think of John Prescott's past comments, for a
start.
You only have to read some of the rubbish that's been posted here to realise
that people intend to cling to that belief and will not accept that most
hunts are peopled by pub owners, local postmen, farmers etc. and not by
aristocracy or landed gentry.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)