Old 22-11-2004, 03:02 PM
dd

In article ,
tbell wrote:

I couldn't resist forwarding the following, for the many folks who write
about the problems of living with cats and Catts. Always wondered what made
me a dog person.

Where Pets Come From
snip

**** And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will
be with them and who will see them as they are.. The companion will remind
them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy
of adoration."
**** And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.
**** And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's
eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.
Adam and Eve learned humility.
**** And they were greatly improved.
**** And God was pleased.
And Dog was happy.
And Cat didn't give a crap one way or the other.

Pretty funny!

Cats certainly are independent, but my three are, when they choose to
be, extremely affectionate, playful, companionable, and protective. A
dog gives slavish and servile love to whomever feeds him, but a cat's
love means more because you have to earn it and be worthy...