Old 23-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Pam - gardengal

In your climate, you can transplant now without worry. I'm not quite as
balmy as you, but I find winter to be a premier planting/transplanting time
in our milder areas - most of my serious gardening chores get done in winter
:-)) Wait until see you new shoots develop on the butterfly bush before you
cut it back hard.

pam - gardengal

"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
I would like to transplant a few plants that didn't quite seem to like
their spot this season, including a butterfly bush and a salivia or
two. When should I transplant them? Now, so they can develop a root
system over the winter, or in the spring?

If now, should I cut the butterfly bush all the way back?

I'm in Zone 9 where we typically don't dip down to freezing until
January or so.

-F