Old 23-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Phisherman

On 23 Nov 2004 00:27:47 GMT, (Wishy13764) wrote:

I have this plant blooming beautiful white flowers and still some buds that
have yet to open. Do i keep watering it as it gets dry to see if the buds would
open, or would that cause it to drop those buds?

When the soil gets dry, wait several days more, then water. During
the budding stage, it needs less water. Zygocactus are very sensitive
to overwatering and "wet feet." My Thanksgiving cactus is absolutely
beautiful (very light pink and white flowers), and my Christmas cactus
is setting buds, lots of them. Both were kept outdoors last summer
where they got morning sun.