Old 23-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Chookie

In article ,
BCL wrote:

I have just spent about $1700 on a couple of water tanks plus the
necessary fittings just to store less than $5 worth of water (5000
litres).

It's really that our water isn't priced properly. My own preferred system
(I"m also with Sydney Water) would be that we pay a flat rate for a particular
amount of water that will get us all by, then whopping charges for over-use.
Ditto for businesses,which is, I suspect, where a lot of wastage goes on.
Near us, we have a business that runs a fountain constantly. I think that's
ridiculous.

My mother in law says that councils used to charge extra rates if you had a
second toilet, and that might be another way to go. We have these amazing
houses in Sydney with 4 bedrooms and 6 toilets. Why don't these people go to
the Dr instead of putting in so many dunnies? Obviously they have Problems!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet