Old 23-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Edward Reid

Bamboos basically divide into running and clumping varieties (though
I'm sure this is oversimplified). The running varieties are the ones
you see taking over places. My house (in Tallahassee) has a single
large clump of otherwise unidentified bamboo out back. I prune maybe a
couple dozen canes a year; it grows vigorously but spreads slowly.

Location - Fort Lauderdale area - zone 10b

If you're ever farther up in the state, Kanapaha Gardens in Gainesville
has an extensive bamboo garden with many varieties and lots of
information. They also sell some in January and February, dug to order.
See http://www.kanapaha.org. (I grew up a few miles from there.)

Edward