Old 23-11-2004, 10:58 AM
David W.E. Roberts

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Just an idea to run past the experts but would it be at all possible to
screw sheets of that polycarbonate stuff on the inside of glass for
winter protection? If I drilled holes in the sheets and screwed them to
the wood structure would it be better than bubble wrap which is a swine
to re use and clean.

You might get a better fit and better insulation of you screw wooden beading
to the frame to hold the polycarbonate in place.

You could then leave most of the beading in place and slide the
polycarbonate sheets in and out.

You would only have to remove enough beading to allow insertion/removal of
the sheets.

However I suspect that if you do your costings you will find that it is
cheaper to use and bin bubble wrap each year than to have a reusable
polycarbonate sheet arrangement.

Rolls of bubble wrap are very cheap, but AFAIK polycarbonate sheets are
quite expensive.

Depends if reuse is more important than cost.

HTH

Dave R