Old 23-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
Just an idea to run past the experts but would it be at all possible to
screw sheets of that polycarbonate stuff on the inside of glass for
winter protection?

We did ours with acetate. Have had some problems with cracking as the
greenhouse temperature changes, but on the whole it has been successful,
and has been in place for 14 years. Don't see why you shouldn't do this
successfully with polycarbonate.

If I drilled holes in the sheets and screwed them to
the wood structure would it be better than bubble wrap which is a swine
to re use and clean.

We use bubble wrap as well - we have a series of poles going the length
of the greenhouse, and drape long pieces over these for the winter,
tucking the hanging ends behind the plants at the sides. It doesn't take
more than 30 mins to remove or to put up
--
Kay