Old 24-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Atar

The only
one that keeps a summer presence is C. intaminatum...

For what it's worth, Cyclamen purpurescens, formerly usually called C.
europeum, is more-or-less evergreen in a maritime climate, as long as it
gets some summer rain. It has a reputation for being difficult, but I have
not found it so AFTER it finally gets established. It has pretty, silvery
round leaves and rose-pink flowers around August or September in my part of
the world.

I think you're right that wild form C. persicum is a better prospect. It
stands up to the weather better, it is longer-lived, and it is fragrant.
Some wild forms have very nice flower coloration, even if they are a bit
smaller than their domesticated counterparts.

Atar

-
Enjoy reading about special plants from interesting parts of the world on my
blog at wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com