Old 24-11-2004, 04:55 AM
Atar

You need to take a cutting that is just about the right size and the right
degree of ripeness (just barely ripened wood, not quite green anymore,
usually works well). Cut it at a branch, and maybe use some rooting
hormones. I haven't used the gel kind but supposedly they work well with
things that are hard to root. Then you trim off most of the leaves, plant
the cutting, and keep it sufficiently warm, humid, and bright but protected
from direct sun.

IF your plants are not seedless, there is another possible way, tricky, but
intriguing: Citrus frequently produce parthenocarpic fruits complete with
fertile seed that grow into replicas of the parent. No guarantees, but this
phenomenon has been known to frustrate people who wanted genetically
distinct offspring.

Atar

clucas wrote:

I need to know how to take and root cuttings from them. I have tryed once
with three cuttings from each and failed. I have heard it can be done? I
have had no luck yet. Thanks Rich

--
Enjoy reading about special plants from interesting parts of the world on my
blog at wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com