Old 24-11-2004, 09:03 AM
BAC

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:02:03 GMT, "Spaceman"
wrote:

When I lived on the mainland I knew all about the urban fox.

snip

I used to be woken up during the night by packs of foxes running down my
road, fighting and howling.

Foxes don't run in packs.

The closest thing I've seen to foxes 'running in packs' has been a group of
cubs gambolling in the dawn mist close to their earth. However, I knew an
eccentric lady who used to put out copious quantities of food every evening,
dumping it over a field gate off her driveway 'to feed the foxes' (not to
mention the badgers, feral cats, rodents, etc.). Things did get quite noisy
from time to time!