Old 24-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Lensman

Derek Moody wrote :

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:27:03 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/11/04 10:03 pm, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:02:03 GMT, "Spaceman"
wrote:

When I lived on the mainland I knew all about the urban fox.
He used to visit my garden most nights and crap on my lawn, my back steps
and all around my pond.
When I went pick a cabbage from the vegetable patch I would discover that
the fox had peed on it and it stank to high heaven and had to be thrown
away.
I used to be woken up during the night by packs of foxes running down my
road, fighting and howling.
If I put a rubbish sack out for the dustmen it, and that of my neighbours,
would be ripped to pieces and the contents strewn about.
The worst of all was at the chicken farm where I often spent weekends. 22
hens in the broody pen, all with their heads bitten off.
Yes, I support the urban fox, preferably by the neck.
Long live fox hunting.

What's wrong with just shooting them?

Well, I'm no expert so can only tell you what I have been told by others who
know more than I do. Some say that the only sure way to kill a fox without
hounds, is with a rifle.

Or a bazooka, or if you catch them right, you can always just run
the buggers over with a truck. O hear the americans have developed
an "eathrh nuster" missile to use for preemptive strikes, should The
Fox ever attempt to develop a WMD programme.

As a rifle bullet can travel a very long way, (as
opposed to shot) there are few places in which it is truly safe to use a
rifle against a fox.
Shot may wound a fox rather than kill it and the fox then goes to ground and
develops gangrene from which it will die a very slow and painful death,
combined with starvation.
From the farmer or poultry keeper's pov, there is no doubt that a fox is all
too often the enemy. Foxes don't kill one duck or chicken and eat it - they
will kill the lot for apparent 'fun'.

Then apparently you are still ignorant despite being told time and
again the truth.

Oh go on then, since we're gathered here already, tell us oh wizned
one, what is The Truth ?

Troll?

No, thanks, I'm trying to cut down.

--
| "I can see my house from here!" - Jesus |