Old 24-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Robo

Thanks for all your responses.
I figure I'll be using about a Daily Telegraph per square metre and weed
around the plants before laying the paper so that the plants have easy
access to water

Cheers

"Robo" wrote in message
u...
I've recently bought a new house, it has a pine tree in the front which
provides the site with dappled light during the day. You wouldn't call it

lawn but grass is growing and over the last 6 weeks I have planted out

tube
stock. What I want to do now is lay newspaper (to kill the weeds and

grass)
and overlay a mulch (Greenlife Mulch & Compost to improve soil structure).

1. Am I dreaming thinking that newspaper will kill the grass?
2. If newspaper will suppress the weeds and grass, now many sheets of
newspaper should I use.

Any responses will be appreciated.

Rob