Old 24-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Sacha

On 24/11/04 17:37, in article , "Atar"
wrote:

Hello, they are perfectly edible, and my daughter harvests them and eats
them right away whenever she notices them. Although I am not aware of any
operations to raise it as a commercial fruit, it is commonly sold in some
parts of the world as a backyard fruit. I suppose that in the UK it is
primarily sold as an ornamental, but in my part of the world (northwestern
USA, similar climate) it is primarily sold as a fruit-bearer.

"Myrtus ugni" is now "Ugni molina". snip

Very many thanks to you and to everyone who has answered my query. All very
useful and interesting stuff from many sources.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk