Old 24-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

The scent is *terrific*. Last year, I was trying to figure out what it was
near our front door that had such a wonderful scent and never got to that.
Its flowers and berries are so small that I hadn't even thought of it. I
certainly don't see the berries as being the size of a large blueberry but
that might be because of soil, position, a not-very-good summer etc.

One article said that there were two strains, one with a smaller
berry. Anyway, I looked at Usher, and there was an entry for
Chilean guava pointing to Myrtus ugni, so I think that the lack
of an entry is an oversight.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.