Old 24-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Sacha

On 24/11/04 21:23, in article ,
"Sally Thompson" wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:33:02 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Hay anyone actually tried eating the berries of these. We have it both
flowering and berrying in the garden at the moment and the smell is
deliciously like strawberries when you crush the berries.
I've found a site that says they're edible and can be used in jellies but
I'm very cautious....... ;-)

Sacha, I've come rather late into this thread but we bought and ate
myrtle jam in Corsica and it was delicious (and we lived to tell the
tale).

Thanks, Sally - I don't think our plant will provide a pot of jam but I
could certainly try a thimbleful. ;-) That's very reassuring from you and
others.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)