Old 25-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Mike Lyle

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:07:25 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:07:47 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:

I doubt whether anyone who voted for a New Labour candidate at

the
last election supported every single policy in the party's
manifesto, let alone every single personal opinion of the
candidate, and to pretend that is so on an issue which, although
relatively trivial seems to be splitting the nation, when a

means
of determining the public's wishes is easily available, strikes

me
as plain daft.

If you want to change the British political system, this is not

the
newsgroup for it.

Just sowing some seeds.

or letting them fall on the barren ground?

I keep telling people not to cover seeds with unrotted muck, but do
they listen?

Mike.