Old 25-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Kay
writes

Do you have a cat?

That's a relevant question only if you believe that most cat owners find
entertainment in their cat's killing.

We have had this argument before, haven't we ))))))))))

The reason I don't have a cat is that our garden is a haven for birds
and I can't bear the thought of the slaughter that would take place if I
introduced a cat into it (( I have seen my mother's and my daughter's
cats in action.

A huntsman will make no bones about it; he will tell the world that his
purpose is to kill foxes.
His 50-60 hounds will kill a few foxes in a year. Once the pack catches
a fox, it dies in seconds.

A cat owner will wriggle and squirm and tell the world that a cat is
doing only what comes naturally to it and that, anyway, his/her cat
never kills anything - it is always someone else's cat.
One solitary little cat will kill dozens of small mammals/birds in a
year. Once a cat catches something, it tortures it for hours before the
poor thing finally keels over and dies.

I'm not pro hunt, I'm not anti hunt. But at least I can respect the
hunters for being un-hypocritical.

BTW, I don't think people who go hunting *do* find entertainment in the
killing of a fox. Most of them don't see the actual death and find
entertainment in having a good gallop across the countryside, and a
drink afterwards, with a group of like minded people!!!!!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.