Old 25-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"BAC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in

message

"BAC" wrote in message

[snip]

prune

and there were no referenda
on the matter to allow regional populations' views to prevail.

I did not imply that there were referenda. There were polls by

the
usual reputable polling organisations. And don't say that the

polls
were flawed. The results were too overwhelmingly in favour of a

ban
to allow for any possible misinterpretation of the results.

I don't know whether or not the polls were flawed, only a referendum

would
settle that.

That would be your problem..............
I, in turn, don't know how one would skew a poll to show quite as
convincing majority in favour of a ban without making it glaringly
obvious that one has skewed the results. That I find hard to swallow,
since the polls were conducted by the usual, respected polling
organisations, which would not wish to have their reputations
destroyed.

Franz