Old 26-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Franz Heymann

"loop" wrote in message

Franz Heymann Wrote:
"loop" wrote in message
...-

Hi,

Last year we cultivated an area of garden for my children to play-
in.-

We used Tumbleweed to destroy all the weeds, rotivated serval

times,
made borders, laid turf, planted bulbs etc.

Now it is a sea of green. Wild garlick everywhere. It is a foot

high
over the whole lawn, borders and everything.

What can I do to destroy it for good? Do I use a weed killer that-
goes-
down into the roots, wait, and start again?-

If you mow it very regularly, the grass will ultimately win.

Franz

We are beyond mowing.

It has taken over the whole garden. We have mown over and over and

the
garlick is winning. I am prepared to flatten the lot and start over

if
it means the end of this. I can post a pic if it helps.

Market it. By Sod's law it will then soon disappear
{:-))

Perhalps you need not dig it out. Why don't you wait till the next
growing season and try a selective herbicide on it?

Franz