Old 26-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Travis Morien

(Andrew D) wrote in message ...
In article , gromit
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:47:59 +0100, in aus.gardens
curlycook posted:

I am emigrating to Perth in January 2005 and have just passed my Garden
Design exams in the UK.
Most of the plants will be new to me and I wonder if any one can give
the low down on good nurseries in Perth and the surround to contact,
preferably ones with a web site.

If you're going to be working with roses, it's hard to go past
Roworth's.

When I work with roses, I find it hard to go past the Roundup!

Sorry, couldn't resist (not exactly a rose lover).

Nobody has mentioned the Friends of Kings Park sales yet, if you're
into WA native plants.

FOKP have four sales per year, most of the plants sold are tubestock
but they have a fair few in pots as well. Prices are very cheap, $2
for most things, up to $8 for hybrid kangaroo paws in a pot.

I go to all of them (and as a member of FOKP I often help out at the
sales) but the one in early autumn is the best to attend as this is
the ideal planting time in Perth.

Travis