Old 26-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Doug Kanter

I always try to do that. It's getting harder, though, unless one wants to
drive all over the county. Why? Because even some of the best nurseries have
been afflicted with teenage retail syndrome: The counter help has no
initiative, no common sense, and no manners. So, calling on the phone means
being put on hold and forgotten. Used to be you could call these places and
get an adult who, if busy, would take your name & number and call you back
about whatever you were looking for, but no more.

OK...I'm done bitching.

"Pen" wrote in message
om...
Buying local is better than mail order, you can get bigger roots with
more buds. I think tissue cultured daylilies are just a bad as
mislabeled, so check if the growers sell those.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

I'm having no trouble finding that variety. But, after reading a few

horror
stories here about certain dealers shipping mislabeled plants, I'm

looking
for recommendations on specific companies.