Old 26-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

I think that you will find that Tebbit had resigned three years
previously.

Had he really? I'd have bet on him staying the course; but I

suppose
his wimpy liberalism must have got on her nerves after a while. Oh
no, I take that back: he had to look after his wife, who had been
badly injured in the bombing. I confess I warmed to him a little

at
that point.

Yes, even the most dedicated Tebbit-hater felt that it showed that
he had at least one good point. Now, Howard, on the other hand

Funny you should mention Howard, as I've been told that in private he
and his wife are the nicest people you could hope to meet: the
politics is apparently a great big Old Bailey hack performance. I
_do_ hate having my cherished illusions shattered!

Mike.