Old 26-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Nick Gray

"esthomizzy" wrote in message

Thanks both

I'm not sure it is bracken actually a tangled mess of roots and leaves
and thorns with some dead virginia creeper thrown in for good measure.
My fence is quite tall and up against a small wall which is up against
the remains of the fence of the property at the back. If I was able to
make it into the garden I'm not sure I'd be able to make it back again
without a stepladder and also I'd be trespassing not to mention the
fact that we are in the middle of back to back terraces so the only way
in apart from over the fence is via their front door. It's no biggy
really it doesn't upset me too much that it's a bit messy I just
thought I might be able to benefit from something in their garden. I'll
give the Ipomoea a go if it comes to nothing I've not lost anything but
a few quid.

I've also just thought, that you could try chucking over some Nasturtium
(Tropaeolum majus) in March - May. Yellow, orange and red coloured flowers
(amonst others). They are pretty vigorous and should self seed quite freely.

HTH

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk