Old 26-11-2004, 06:28 PM
NWalch

2) How do I get the pump\lights cable into the pond. Is it usual to
run it under the paving in which case what about maintence. I plan on
having a junction box at the edge of the paving 'hidden' by plants.

It's probably not worth buying
fountains that just give a spray head as they become blocked very
quickly and then you get a mishapen spray unless you clean them out
every day.You also get a lot of water loss when its windy. I may be a
bit biased here!
Also,water lilies do not appreciate drops of water continually falling
on their leaves. Try to have a pebble beach at one end of the pond,
It will be much appreciated by frogs, newts and birds. A few grass
like plants will encourage damselflies and dragonflies. Within a few
weeks you should have an abundance of wildlife.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

I am planning on a copper fountain (web site noted). What depth would
you recommend for a pond with such a fountain. Could I still use low
voltage as another poster suggested.

Also still not sure how to get the cable (for the lights and pump)
into the pond if its edged with paving slabs (2 rows of on the side
where the cable will come from)