Old 26-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 26/11/04 7:47 pm, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

snip

Surely the Victorians knew how to get things out of season as well as
we do? (I'm not claiming to know you could do it with myrtle; but if
it can be done, they could.)

Could be - the myrtles we have are pretty tall, apart from M. ugni, so a
high greenhouse, orangerie, conservatory, or whatever would be needed. It's
just that we can't see why you'd force M. communis to flower in February, if
others are actually flowering and available naturally.

But wee the others available? What was the date of introduction of all
of them?
--
Kay