Old 28-11-2004, 02:34 PM
willshak

On 11/28/2004 9:16 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

willshak wrote:

On 11/28/2004 9:04 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

willshak wrote:

On 11/28/2004 7:58 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

What part of Modern Tool and Die is confusing to you?

I suppose you meant to respond to Gemini, since I just added the link
to the page that confirmed what you said.

http://www.hoovers.com/mtd-products/...-factsheet.xht
ml

Yep, but maybe I missed where it says Modern Tool and Die on that site.

Next to last sentence.

"MTD Products wants to mow down its foes. The outdoor power equipment
manufacturer makes walk-behind and tractor mowers, snow throwers,
edgers, and tillers under the Cub Cadet, White Outdoor, Yard-Man, and
Yard Machines brands. Its Cub Cadet line is aimed at landscapers. In
2001 MTD bought the Troy-Bilt tiller and mower business from Garden Way,
which filed for bankruptcy. MTD was formed in 1932 by German immigrants
Theo Moll, Emil Jochum, and Erwin Gerhard as the *Modern Tool and Die
Company*. The Moll family, including CEO Curtis Moll, owns MTD".

Ah, I didn't scroll down far enough. I actually knew Theo Moll for
20 plus years before he passed away. He was a great man, and even
still worked on Saturdays at 80+ years old. A real hands on guy.

NP. It's funny that the official MTD site's History page does not give
the original name of the company.
http://www.mtdproducts.com/company/history.jsp