Old 21-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Gareee©

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:24:13 -0000, "John..." wrote:

Can I do this? got a couple of spare 100Watt heaters
that I used in my indoor aquariums.
Its winter here in the UK and I'm a bit worried about my
pond fish.got 5 golden orfe's and 3 regular goldfish in it.
The pond is approx 40 gallons with a pump/filter setup,
and is above ground level.

The general recommendataion here is to make sure your pond does not freeze
over.. add a aquarium bubblerto keep a hole in the ice that will form on
top.

Check locally with others, to see how thick the ice will form as well.

If it's just an inch or two, the bubbler would do the trick, I'd think.

Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!