Old 29-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Steve Wolfe

Barbara Kurst is not orange. It has deep pink flowers so someone goofed
along the way. If you continue to treat and still get more mealies showing
up, tip the plant upside down and gently knock it out of the pot to see if
there are masses of them on the roots. If so, the only way I know to get

rid
of them is to put the plant back in its pot and plunge the whole pot into
your favorite insecticide. Diazinon, Orthene, Malathion should all work.

While I have nothing against the insecticides, I've drowned mealy bugs
before by just sticking the plant and pot under water for an hour. Of
course, not all plants can tolerate that. Whichever method you use, I'd
re-treat at least once per week for a while to catch the young after they
hatch.

steve